View Single Post
Old 14th October 2019, 11:14   #24
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In the news today: The deceased's family lawyer says there is a well known and comprehensive list of all those eligible for Dip Immunity to enable necessary procedures to be adopted in the event of the question arising.

Neither the driver, nor her 'diplomatic attache' husband, are among the some 20,000 names on it. Therefore it has been known since the accident whether or not she was entitled because her husband was definitely not and therefore not entitled to Dip Immunity. The lawyer also says this revelation also has a number of consequences. I should say so.

One thing of concern is the allegation that the missing husband is a member of USA security, read secret, services. Also, was he in the country legitimately and what were the circumstances surrounding his leaving (and leaving his wife to face the music?). Another thing of concern is the identity and source of the individual who first put it about that it was an Immunity matter.

The Foreign Office now state 'the matter is now in the hands of police and the Crown Prosecution Service'. Our PM says the US has been 'absolutely ruthless' in its safeguarding of their citizens.

Are we now getting into matters that might arouse some official sanction of reporting? I wish UK defence of its citizens might be similar, but deplore the 'absolutely ruthless' activity of the US state. I'm conflicted, I wonder who else is.

On the other hand, I do wish everybody would behave responsibly, respectably and truthfully, and just damn well own up when they flagrantly do something wrong - like killing somebody. Causing a death should mean automatic disbarment from any list, no matter whom or why, or wherever.

Last edited by wraymond; 14th October 2019 at 15:27..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote