View Single Post
Old 18th April 2022, 14:52   #23
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Sorry but no. Just don't. I've seen first hand the end results of 75s being ran on everything here in Northern Ireland.

From kero, home heating oil, cooking oil etc, every one of them ended up needing engines within a year or so. I should show you my Facebook and Instagram dm's in the last few months with owners who have ruined fantastic cars doing exactly this.

I've a couple of spare diesel engines sitting myself in storage to future proof my fleet because of the dangers of acid washed diesel here in Northern Ireland, bad fuel is a real danger and why I do my daily diesel fuel filters every 6 months now.

Find yourself genuine red diesel if you want to save some money, but make sure its class A2 Road standard and not class D which is heating oil specification essentially. Remember it's a tax dodge and you will get fined pretty hard if caught.

And if anyone says red diesel isn't the same as white diesel, well if its class A2 it is.

If you can't afford to run the car, it's time to sell the car. Hard facts. Times are tough. Trust me, I'm unemployed bar a 10 hour week part time job at the minute. But I'd never throw cooking oil or other dung into my 75s having seen the damage it does to them.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote