View Single Post
Old 4th August 2019, 18:01   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default monitoring trailer lights

There have been some threads about towbar electrics that I have not fully understood.

Am I right in thinking it is possible to monitor the trailer road lights and get a bulb failure warning on the dash if a trailer light fails?

Just been looking at this thread
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=23097
taken from that thread
The fusebox is held in by two nuts - remove these and pull the fusebox away from its mounting. carefully noting where they are fitted, remove all the fuses from the left hand “bank”. Once the fuses have been removed, pull away the red plastic “frame”. This is an anti backout insert that locks the fuses and fuseholer inserts in place.

There is a green/pink wire in the link kit with a fuseholder pin on the end. This should be placed in the correct orientation in cavity 15 which responds to fuse 22 (shown pictorially on the instruction sheet).
Once this pin has been fitted, replace the red anti backout frame, and push fully home, the fuses can now be replaced (including the new fuse 22 which is a 5 amp fuse supplied in the link kit).

The fusebox can now be refitted.

Now the green wire on the link kit needs routing behind the centre console over to the driver’s side, as this plugs into CAVITY 9 of the BLUE connector in the light switch module.

I think I will need a BMW relay in the boot to replace my TEB7AS relay

will the above give me a bulb failure warning on my high line display is a trailer bulb fails or is there anything else I would need to do?

thank you

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote