View Single Post
Old 20th September 2016, 19:41   #23
Trisman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon.

Quote:
It is a bit of a mission to remove the original loom isn't it? I couldn't believe how far back I had to remove the dash in order to get to the loom and still I had to cut it from one end and pull it through on the other as it was just impossible to get to.
:lol: yes... I managed to get quite close to the fusebox, but by that point it was like unknotting cruise-liner mooring rope so, as I had something that included all the connections (both sides) plus all the heated seat switch connections, I gave up & cut the rest!

As it was a scrap donor car, (MY scrap donor car! ) cutting carpet & removing dash, centre console & a whole heap more was hardly an issue.
The seats were out anyway as they were going into my car. (I also learned the hard way that you need to keep them powered to unbolt them from the floor!).

Quote:
Do you know if the loom you fitted included the wiring for the memory function on the seats? If so it may be worth trying out a memory seat and see if it works.
No, it didn't. The seat connector had the holes for additional wires, but they weren't populated.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to run a couple of extra wires to power-up the memory, (I'd need the additional connector anyway) & if the cars came from the factory with the seats wired to a permanent live, they must've been fairly sure that my concerns about fire & flat batteries aren't really an issue!

Mods: EGR delete. Synergy 2E. In-line Thermostat. Electric, heated black leather seats. Chrome Skullcaps. Black steering wheel. 18" MG ZT 11 spoke wheels. Plenum spy-hole. In-dash Sat-Nav. Mesh grill.
Repairs: Rad fan. Clutch/flywheel. Exhaust. Rear light seals. Front bushes & ARB links. Springs. A/C regas. Alternator regulator. Window 'B' post trim.
Future: Remote boot release.
Front end drop, 160 remap..!?
Trisman is offline   Reply With Quote