View Single Post
Old 30th January 2011, 19:04   #14
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

Well, this topic is well overdue for a reply and I want to bring people up to date on what has been a very interesting albeit slow project so far.
Poor Tony has had to field questions about the car for sometime and as he is not located near to where the car is based these have sometimes not been easy to answer.

The engine and transmission assembly is finally due to be lifted back up into position this week,following many a "small" hurdle with missing components and non standard wiring. This shall be followed by the rebuild of the front end including the bumper etc.
The car can then be lowered back onto it's wheels as a complete vehicle for the first time in many years.

Other work has included renovation of the boot area and corrosion repair to areas where test wiring had been passed through the floor, replacment of sound deadening, rear lights, some loom re-wiring, repainting of the boot area,renovation of the original boot plinth and refitting, replacement of the spoiler and bonnet, reffiting of fuel pumps, refitting of interior and many other jobs that have slipped my mind at the present time.

Following the engine refit the gear selector area will be tackled and suitable fabrications made to overcome the ( rather large) handcut hole left over from it's days as a test car.

I hope to be able to update you again very soon and with pictures.

With particular reference to Tony, there are few vehicle owners that would continuously attempt to return such vehicles to the road and whilst some in the past may not always work out it is the likes of Tony that enusre that an amount of history stays in the present time rathe than being recycled into washing machines, hats off to Tony.

Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote