View Single Post
Old 11th August 2019, 13:12   #29
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
The reasons you quote is the very reason I took out breakdown cover. In 1996 I bought a used Granada, my very first car with electronic ignition, injection and auto gearbox.

Well done, I had three of those nice motors in their day, including the frog-eyed Scorpio :-)

I would be driving one now, if they still made them. I home built a little diagnostic thingummy, to tap into the ECU for faults, just in case, but never needed it. I went all over the UK in them, the only breakdown was a CV joint towing up to Scotland, but I managed to nurse it the rest of the way there and back. I disposed of each, when the rear wheel arches began to bubble.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote