View Single Post
Old 9th July 2022, 14:47   #1
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Question possible security tracker, just a thought

Having seen the recent STOLEN thread I got to thinking.
As I mentioned on the thread, the SMARTNAV system installed in a lot of our cars had the ability for the car to be located and tracked. I believe they used mobile phone technology to accomplish this.

Being a Diesel owner I have installed a GSM unit to give me remote control of the FBH I installed, but this also gives me a mobile phone number that could be tracked it some scum decide to take my car, though who would want a diesel (with a leak atm ).

So there it is, fit a GSM on a permanent live and there you have a tracker.
Install the unit behind the drivers side cupholder (blank) with a 'T' antenna behind the instrument binnacle just under the surface of the plastic dash cover and you should be good to go.
Fit a PAYG sim, £10, then once a month text 'Csq' to the unit and get a reply. This keeps the number valid
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote