View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 05:22   #11
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool And not only have I spent lots of dosh...........................

............................................. But last night they had me up dancing, not been on the dance floor for nearly............. Well it's been awhile.

Going back to the Oasis shop. It originally started life as wood carving shack and now it's a huge shop selling wood carvings, plus other associated stuff. We wandered in and around, plenty to keep our attention. We found the amazing wood carvings, absolutely stunning but very reasonably priced. Then there was this chair made from old lumps of wood from the coffee wood tree. No two chairs are the same. I sort of fell in love with it.
As we know there is no such thing as coffee wood but what it is, and this is the interesting bit, when the coffee beans grow they grow on a bush. Each year the bushes are harvested but after a time the bush becomes tired and stops producing but does not stop growing.

So the bushes are just left to grow till the trunks of the bushes grow to the desired size. Only then are they cut down. And then the wood is cut into various lumps and planed flat, some of the thicker branches are left round but just smoothed off. Then everything is varnished. And hey presto I now have a large wooden chair. They can be used outside but for now in the winter months it will remain inside.
I have two favourite flowers the Beautiful Orchid, which always reminds me of my Mum and my wife. T'other flower is the Poppy, again reminds me of my Dad and what his comrades fought for in both World Wars and various conflicts since.

So I've been looking for a Poppy duvet set, Debbie found one. And she also found a couple of cushions. And what else did she find for me, a beautiful Teddy Bear blanket. This will be used when I have passengers in the Bear, but will remain in the house when not in the car, if that makes sense.
After all this parting with my money I needed a sit down to give my credit card a rest. So we retired to the cafe.
Val and Allen bought a beautiful hand carved fish, carved from one peice of wood, when cleaned and preserved with teak oil it has brought amazing colour's out on one side yet on the other side the wood as remained basically just one colour.

To be continued, battery running out of puff.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 10th December 2018 at 05:24.. Reason: Missing words are safe and sound
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote