View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 19:13   #14
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool First aider needed,..........................

...................................... as one of our party was feeling very unwell, not me but our John. He had been sitting with us when he started to feel a bit unwell. He went to get some fresh air when he almost collapsed. Debbie is a qualified First Aider and immediately went to his aid. She shooed everyone away, to give him some breathing space. Nathan went and got some water.
Wow! John looked everso pale. John’s wife Nina said that providing he was well enough to travel she would drive the ZT home. Think this news must have rallied John.

The plan was that after breakfast we would drive into Newport and go around the shops till time to catch the ferry. But with the emergency we decided to stay close if we was needed in anyway. By now the hotel had tracked down their first aider but Debbie had everything under control. The accident book was already filled out by Debbie.
Allen tried to get John & Nina away on a earlier ferry but we found out that an earlier ferry had broke down, so spaces were limited. We decided to stay with a John so that we could all catch the same ferry at 13.05. That way we would make sure Nina was able to get John home. We did have 3 spare drivers on standby.

But the thought of Nina driving his beloved ZT must have made John better.
So at Noon we ushered the team out to our cars ready for the convoy but not before everyone thanked Debbie for her quick response in helping a John.
We lined up with Matt leading in Grovey and off we went to the ferry terminal. We stopped at the barrier to have our paperwork scanned. I was asked my reg no. My reply was, “ Bob Loves 54 Much Wasted Petrol”. You can work it out.

To be continued as the grey cells are getting tired.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote