View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 07:26   #17
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Good for him

I know of another owner of a new "ZS" who recently made a 400 mile round trip to Longbridge to sort out a software fault which also required the fitting of an updated camshaft sensor.

As his nearest dealer, a mere 100 mile round trip, couldn't guarantee to have the part as well as the update, nor the dealer in Durham, again a little over 200 miles from his home and back.

So as I was speaking to the "ZS" owner yesterday, I asked how he was getting on with the car, and it will be getting sold, a litany of niggling faults hinting at poor build quality, and his wife has said she doesn't like the car.

This is the problem with badge engineering, you can stick a badge of a relatively untainted brand on any old tat, but it will still be tat, and I'd like to see what the dealer support will like be once Longbridge has closed up shop.

Brian
You make a good point. Badge is no guaranttee of quality and you can quickly tarnish a brand by poor manufacturing and/or after sales support.

Nearest dealer to Mike is 15 miles and Longbridge is 40 miles away whilst its still open...........