View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 07:33   #18
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
No links but my infomation is sitting next to me.
He has left MG already and the situation seems far from clear.
At the moment it looks as if some sales staff may remain but no idea where they will be based.
That’s not good Ian, they have premises in Marlybone with a few floors spare, I read a few months ago that they were thinking of renting it out so I guess they could use it for R&D. Ive been to Longbridge 4 times over the last year and been privileged to of seen the R&D centre which had an enormous buzz about it. The main areas seem to be R&D, parts distribution, training centre for techs and a workshop for the cars they sell. The sales centre itself is just a couple of cars in the foyer of the conference centre since the round house was handed back. Myself and my daughter travelled to Longbridge to buy our ZS which was a 5 hour drive and the salesman went above and beyond in making it an experience that my daughter will never forget, I always get excited about visiting Longbridge and as we drove away my daughter remarked that she now understood my love of the place and link to our other three cars, there won’t be another new car hand over that will beat that day. I’m certain that MG will continue to thrive as they are selling many many cars but for me a massive part of ownership was the link back to Longbridge, once that’s gone I’m not sure how I will feel about the brand

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 12th May 2019 at 07:35..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote