View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:58   #1
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Default MOT results and Brake Pipe advice.

How'do Folks

My Car has been registered on a SORN for the last month or so - with an Expired MOT.

I'm booked in for a visit to Duncan (CossieDunc) tomorrow to have both front Control Arms/Bushes replaced

I didn't want to take a chance driving on an Expired MOT so i booked a Test for this morning - expecting a Fail, but i'd have a Valid (Fail) Certificate to drive the Car for repairs

the Car did Fail i'm glad to say - otherwise i'd question the Testers competence

I use the same Test Centre each year - their Test Ramp has some Apparatus that shakes the Car rather Vigorously .........not sure if this is Standard Equipment for Test Centres these days ?

Results -

Repair Immediately
Emissions - Not really a problem (100%) sure it's a Catalytic Converter issue (i'll replace this)
Parking Brake Efficiency - Just needs an Adjustment.
Suspension Arm Ball Joint Excessively Worn Offside Front Lower - I have replacement parts due to be fitted tomorrow.

Brake Pipe Excessively Corroded Nearside/Offside Rear (Front to Rear) - I need to figure this part out.

from what the Tester said it's the Pipes that Run the Length of the Underside that require replacing - am i correct that these sections have Connectors front and rear ? and these Connectors would need replacing ? (cut-off with New Connections Flared onto the remaining Pipe Ends ?)

Copper or Cunifer ?

Can I do this myself ? .....hmm

I'll have a wee search on the subject, and any advice would be appreciated
I like to at least know what NEEDS done - even if i don't do the work myself

I'll ask Duncan's advice tomorrow too.

I did have a couple other advisories -
Steering Rack Inner Joint Offside (Play)
Fuel Tank Straps Corroded
Brake Pipe N/S Rear O/S Rear and N/S Front (@flexi) Corroded, Covered in Grease or other Material

Could be worse - I'll sort out the who, where, what r.e the Brake Pipes and hopefully get back within the 10 days for a quick re-test and a Pass Certificate

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote