Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2016, 12:57   #40
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Fascinating to resurrect a three year old thread now I have two electric cars as we added a LEAF for my wife (in March) to the Ampera I've had since March 2014.

MPG calculation becomes Miles per kWh (anything over 4 is doing well).

The increase in numbers on the roads (of BEV's and PHEV's) in the last three years is quite dramatic as is the increase in charging infrastructure.

There are now 75,000 Plug In cars on the UK Roads and as at July 16 11,429 Public Charge Points.

A lot of the myths and uncertainties have been answered as more and more people use them and the cost is coming down. You can now also pick up some good second hand options.

I know there will always be those pure petrol heads who will not be keen but the future, in my opinion, will be electrically driven. The ongoing fuel "source" remains to be determined but there are millions being spent to develop the best solutions.

If you are looking at changing your "daily driver" all I would say is try one, do the maths and see if it can work for you. I am converted that's for sure.

And, by the way, none of my consideration in buying either of our cars was "green, eco or save the planet". It was running costs and ease of driving. Saying that, if I won the lottery I would be buying a Tesla. I don't ever see me running a petrol/diesel car again (as my daily driver at least).

Opinions welcome to update the debate.

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote