View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2020, 12:29   #20
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayNorway View Post
Hello, all
Your help and support have been extremely important and inspiring! My deepest thanks to vitesse for starting this thread, and also to other members that have advised and motivated me.

I have a couple of offers to sell the car for more than the 3000NOK I would get from recycling it, but it feels very wrong to do so, knowing there is hope.

Monday I will have a meeting with the garage-owner. You have given me some very good reasons to argue their conclusion, but I wish I had someone by my side in that office.

As I see it, they will have to fix the car - probably by replacing the motor – or compensate by offering me the price of the car + the 7000 NOK I payed to let them destroy it...
An alternative is that I keep the rental car I have from them, but I cant stand the idea of driving an Open Corsa for months...

Thaks again, you wonderful and dedicated Roverlovers!

sincerely,
May
Wish you the best of luck on Monday, but also in getting hold of Einar who most on here recognise to be a very knowledgeable engineer capable of not just maintaining the Rover 75s but originator of some very clever homemade solutions eg. draining all the auto fluid in one operation.

As previous poster, you don't have to accept anything (unless it's very much in your favour), document and photograph, use your Norwegian AA, consumer advisory service etc.

Regards

Last edited by vitesse; 22nd February 2020 at 12:30.. Reason: lack of an A
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote