Old 19th November 2021, 10:40   #2
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg75 View Post
To cut a long story short. In August my daughters took me to visit The Great British Car Journey, a motoring museum which has opened this year not far from where we live in Derby. Thought I'd be there for an hour or so - ended up being the last to leave after nearer three hours. Rekindled my enthusiasm for motoring days past and had already decided before we came home that my next car would be a bit different, something that would be well looked after, properly serviced, and hopefully end its days in a motoring museum itself, rather than a scrapyard. But which car to buy?
The family then bought me a copy of July's Practical Classics meagazine as it had a big article about the museum. Very interesting, and I hope it encourages a few people to visit the museum - well worth it .Also very interesting was an article on page 88 by Keith Adams ''The 75 is one of the best British cars ever made''. I was immediately struck by his enthusiasm for the vehicle. Did a lot of research, which was where this forum came in. Time and time again it popped up in internet searches and I was impressed by the sheer amount of knowledge and informatiom and the members' twillingness to kelp each other.
So thanks to the museum, Keith's article, and this forum, after weeks of searching I bought NU53 FTV yesterday from a very helpful dealer and clearly a 75 enthusiast himself. She's a dark blue auto diesel tourer. As far as I can gather, she was bought new in 2003 by a gentleman in his seventies., who kept her until fairly recently when he had to give up motoring. Clearly well looked after from the service records, she appears to have spent most of her previous life in the Whitby/Scarborough area, having been regularly serviced there by the same two garages.If anyone knows her from her time there I'd be interested.
''The 75 is one of the best British cars ever made'' Keith - you're right.
You're in the right place for all matters MG and 75 related, welcome to the madhouse.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote