View Single Post
Old 8th February 2021, 20:47   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Interest in a 3rd batch run of heated windscreens for the rover 75/mg zt?

NOW TAKING DEPOSITS. DEADLINE MONDAY 15TH MARCH.

3RD BATCH RUN OF HEATED WINDSCREENS FOR THE ROVER 75/MG ZT.

There is enough interest to go ahead with another batch of these heated windscreens. Thanks all who have been interested in ordering one.

Please READ FULL POST below for details on price, deposit amount, manufacturing time, estimated delivery/collection date, fitting and wiring.

PRICE:
The heated windscreens are £260 each.

Shipping in the UK MAINLAND is £62 for 1 windscreen. If you’d like more than one I can get a shipping quote for you. These can also be shipped outside of the UK and to Northern Ireland, if you'd like a quote let me know. There is also the option to collect the windscreen from Tamworth once they're ready which saves on shipping cost.

These windscreens are manufactured at the same factory as the ones used by Ford, so these heated windscreens are the real deal and not some cheap or inferior copies. I myself have these installed on 3 of our cars and couldn't be without it now. Really handy feature. We also have a Ford Kuga with a heated windscreen to compare with and performance wise it is equally good.

On a cold winter morning with a icy windscreen the heated windscreen is fully defrosted within 2 minutes to the point where the screen can be cleared using the windscreen wipers. The heated windscreen also comes in handy to clear the condensation on the inside and the outside almost instantly.

In order to keep costs down, the heated windscreens are only available in one design which accommodates the auto wipers rain sensor. If you do not have rain sensor wipers this is not a problem as the windscreen will still fit, it'll just mean you'll have a blank space where the rain sensor would normally be. The screens don't come with the rain sensors already fitted, if you require one they are available new on ebay.

ORDERING:
To order, there is a 50% deposit of £130 per windscreen, and then the remainder + shipping (if required) will be due when the windscreens are finished and ready for shipping/collecting (estimated to be around June time).

All orders and deposits must be in by Monday 15th March. The manufacturing and delivery process takes around 2 - 3 months, so they should be ready by around June time, allowing plenty of time to have them installed in time for next winter.

FITTING & WIRING:
When it comes to fitting you'd need to arrange your own fitting with a windscreen fitter. Most local private windscreen fitters will be able to fit it for you. If you're local enough to me in Thurrock, Essex or willing to travel you're welcome to book in to use my windscreen fitter who's an autoglass fitter and has done around 12 screens for me from the previous batches We usually arrange to get 4 or 5 cars at a time here at my address together for him to do in one go. Generally fitting costs around £50 - £90.

The windscreens come with just the positive and negative wires for each half of the windscreen (the heater elements work in 2 halves). You'd need to wire the windscreen up yourself or arrange to have it wired up for you. I supply wiring instructions with the windscreens which lists all the parts required and where to get them from to set up the wiring (simply a timer relay and 2 additional relays). If you'd like me to make and install the wiring for the windscreen I can do this for you for £140.

It's up to you how you'd like to set up the windscreen, the two options I recommend is 1. using a separate switch to activate the windscreen such as a spare heated seat switch or 2. running the heated windscreen off the switch for the rear heated screen so the front and rear screens turn on together (which is the two set up options I offer with my fitting service).

If you'd like to order a heated windscreen let me know and I will send you the payment details via PM.

Cheers
Rick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTUYYstvV5Q
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 12th February 2021 at 11:34..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote