Thread: LHD Headlights
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2021, 22:09   #42
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
My car has gone through the last three CT's with British headlights masked.

Depends which station you go to I guess.---

Found this whilst ploughing through some old threads. I used to go over to France either once or twice a year for endurance racing and classic racing. When I bought my 75 on launch night it had all the toys as I had ticked every box on the order card. One of the extras I had got with the car was a full set of sat nav discs covering the whole world. So as we boarded the ferry the disc in the boot got changed over. The other extra that was a god send was the 6 headlight protectors 4 for use in the UK and 2 for the dipped beam in Europe with the offending area of the lens masked. These were great less than 30 seconds to change over and no blinding oncoming cars. The other great advantage was the protection offered to the light unit. During the years I used them I suffered 4 cracked covers caused by stone damage. It was much cheaper to replace the cover than to have to replace the full head light unit.
For some reason they never seemed to catch on. Our 75 that lived in Spain had a set fitted and passed its test every time with no problems. Sadly my health meant that the Spanish option was dropped from the options. You never know what is in front of you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote