Thread: Pig in a poke?
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 15:31   #1
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Default Pig in a poke?

It’s a funny old world. Electric cars are given the electric treatment by the ad men and manufacturers by lauding them as being everything from magic carpets to planet savers.

Most of them carry prices that bring tears to your eyes, there is an absence of adverts concerning future longevity or even, bless ‘em, the cost of regular services or component replacement. Pigs in a poke?

Unfortunately pigs come in various sizes and colours. A report today, I forget where I heard it I was so busy laughing, a commentator raised the question of daily charging and the necessity of having a domestic charging point at owners’ homes.

Think of it, every electric car owner with their shiny progressive greenie machine coming home from work, then the evening meal, then a snatch of telly, then the charging switch in the garage or on the driveway. And, er, what about the poor blighter with only the road to park in?

Multiply that by a growth factor as yet unknown and suddenly the Grid network is in crisis and could be compromised overnight, the only possibility being selective shutdown of the national grid.
All that coming straight after so many current warnings of large rises in energy costs.

What price progress. That particular pig can get poked.

Last edited by wraymond; 13th September 2021 at 15:33..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote