View Single Post
Old 4th January 2021, 16:04   #3
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozo ken View Post
Anyway to fix the gauge, all I did was scroll further and did a software reset. Gauge has now worked correctly for 5 days, so job done.
Hello Ken, it's amazing that few of us do the obvious thing when our electronic gizmos misbehave. This could be a good example of how a very common, often discussed issue with the fuel gauge might be explained. A software glitch. or mabe there's a bug. Most software has them so why not here? The 'Software Reset' option listed in the Diagnostic Mode has never been examined as far as I know. Certainly not in my time around here. There's likely a fear that it could have dire implications for the whole convoluted system, so nobody has risked pushing that particular button. So, for whatever reason, you did and seemingly fixed the fuel gauge. Congratulations, you may have discovered something new about Diagnostic Mode.

A useful next step would be for others with the wonky fuel gauge syndrome to bite the bullet and push the Reset button. Let's generate some data to support the hypothesis. A simple software bug would certainly be more plausible than the way-out theories I've read over the years.

I trust you've observed no other effects after the reset?

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 4th January 2021 at 16:06..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote