View Single Post
Old 30th January 2022, 10:15   #1
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Default 75 and ZT corrosion issues v other makes.

I have both a 2004 (facelift) ZT and a 2004 Nissan K12 Micra.

Washed them both this morning (when you have, and have to park one car under a very large tree you very soon lose your love of our larger feathered friends).

They are both the same age to within a few months, and both on similar miles (126k & 121k) and I know the micra has never been garaged.

Unfortunately, I have to say the Micra has aged much better than the MG.

Corrosion.. ...

The MG has rust starting in the usual places on both sills, both rear suspension arms rusted out and been replaced along with all brake pipes.

The Micra on the other hand has not a spot of visible Corrosion anywhere and has not needed any major components replacing unlike the MG

In fact, washed, polished and buffed, the Micra looks the same as the day it rolled out the showroom.

The interior hasn't fared as well as the MG , BUT, it's had a lot more abuse (it's the general runaround and dog car) but is still very presentable.

Overall I am very surprised.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote