View Single Post
Old 31st January 2022, 12:58   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinsteve View Post
I've had several 75's and, touch wood, never had a corrosion problem. My present 2004 CDTi seems to be excellent. On the other hand, I had an S type Jaguar, (2004) that was rotten. A check of MOT histories on a large number of these cars advertised for sale showed it was a very common problem. This was followed by a 2009 X type, also with corrosion problems. The 2.7D S type was beautiful to drive but was forever going into limp mode without bringing up a code. The X type 2.00D had seemingly impossible to correct limp mode problems, drove like a tractor and was going to cost more than the car was worth to sort out the rot. On my rovers I was let down by a high pressure pump solenoid and with my 1st one, a flooded and wrecked ECU. Otherwise, many years of reliable motoring.

Of even more value, this forum has members able and willing to help with literally any problem. I was on 2 Jag forums and it seemed that there was little knowledge and little interest in helping other members.
I had the same issue with my 5 year old 2.0d x. Although it sounded like a transit, it drove superbly, when it did start and continue to run. Forums as you said were useless. But now the Facebook group appears to be excellent, much the same as this forum is. Unfortunately about 7 years too late for me to find out the likely cause for the limp mode - turbo actuator, main dealer could not sort it either. I am.led to believe that it was scrapped or broken for parts at 6 years old, no corrosion, and only a small crack on the rear plastic lower balance to let it down.

I still have a jag itch to scratch, but the x experience makes me reluctant (an xj 2.7 or 3.0 is coming.some.day lol)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote