View Single Post
Old 26th April 2015, 06:45   #25
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

I have to say a massive THANK YOU to my brilliant dad, (WUZERK) who, just a few days after coming out of hospital after surgery, very kindly supervised me in fitting a new Hydramount (from DMGRS) to Roxy. At Thirteen years old and 112,000, she was noticeably more buzzy in terms of vibrations at the steering wheel than his car which had a new Hydramount fitted. I could also see and feel the difference at the engine and feel it inside the cabin.

I can do basic service tasks, but am not a competent spanner man, but dad talked me through each step and I did not manage to loose any bolts or break any of his tools. Whilst underneath the car, I took off the Lower engine mount which looked OK at first, but on closer inspection it was badly split on both sides in several places, so I fitted a new one (from DMGRS), as part of the job.

Driving home, I just could not believe the difference in Roxy. She is now soooo smooth, I can't put my finger on how, but she just feels like a new car, no more vibrations at the steering wheel, and a real pleasure to drive. I must admit I was terrified lying underneath the car, with a wheel jack and piece of wood under the sump, the engine swinging in the breeze and dad saying, 'Oh, the bolts are not lined up......!', but all went well and all I can say is it's one of the most brilliant 'mods' I have done to Roxy.

Thanks Wuzerk, I am ready to tour Scotland in a few weeks now and as happy as a pig in the you-know-what
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote