View Single Post
Old 6th March 2016, 17:50   #10
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
QUB DeLorean

One of the things I can never understand, is why cars cannot be self sufficient (aside from the oil companies blocking it of course lol). A small engine, or a battery powered motor to begin rive, and then have a pair of wheels, likely the rear for practicality, connected to an alternator, which in turn powers a motor on the front wheels, whilst charging the small battery for getting the car mobile. With the correct gearing, I cannot see why it wouldnt be feasible. Even with a shaft going through the first alternator, into a second for powering onboard electrics. Granted of course these alternators, will be quite a bit larger than a standard alternator, but the principle would be the same surely.

I've always thought this, but never asked the question as I assumed there would be some glaringly obvious reasons why it wouldn't work. But I have always thought that an alternator or something connected up to the wheels would at least give some power back, to increase the range, even if it couldn't create enough to just keep on going.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote