View Single Post
Old 24th July 2019, 10:54   #35
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Well, Ian, I keep trying to get away but people keep raising points asking for responses. So, here it goes, hopefully for the last time.

It does not, really, it does not!

No - how many people are taken off the dole would be determined by how many programmes the country runs and the total size of all programmes. For example, tidying up all the litter from public places could keep a lot of people employed, make the UK tidy and given the level of wages involved, would not cost any more than the cost of paying benefits that allow those people to maintain an acceptable living standard. It is the principle that is important to accept, the scale is far less important in the first instance.

The 10% was an example, it could be 50% or 100% depending on the scale.

I did not say anything about unfulfilled jobs but based on official figures, there are circa 3.5% to 4.5% of the working age population that is currently not in "paid employment" i.e. working for a living as opposed being on some form of benefit. Again, whether 3.56% or 4.09% is not important, it is the principle.

Can I go now?

please do and try again with your self-imposed withdrawal from this forum section

mss, I will not reply to any other post you make on this thread

macafee2