View Single Post
Old 26th July 2019, 11:09   #8
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
If I'd hazard a guess the chap probably thought that the child was fine, he got out spoke to him. No injuries, he looked ok therefore no need to hang about.

That's be my guess.
I guess the child was shunted about 15M into the air (and with the help of gravity, back down onto a kerb...!). Fortunately he was automatically trying to avoid the vehicle i.e. moving in a similar direction on impact with the N/S front wing, quite likely jumping to mount the footpath - had it occured just a fraction of time earlier he would have been moving perpendicular to the car front and under the vehicle, probably mort.
Just to make 'a sort of comparision', if that had been a professional rugby tackle incident (so an adult) the player would be immediately removed from further play, undergone an immediate head injury assessment by a doctor and then been unable to play again for at least 4 weeks before undergoing a return to play (medically supervised) protocol.
Agreed it wasn't the drivers' fault and he seemed to be drivng at a reasonal speed but leaving the scene was very bad judgement as far as the child was concerned.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote