View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 15:12   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Yes.... of course it did. But under very different circumstances and with wholly different attitudes to the country's manufacturing stock. The different managing personnel and related philosophies cannot be traced back so easily. That's why semantics such as naming the correct names are so vital - history is useless if inaccurate. The final identity was after three or four changes of brief and key figures with disparate influences! Unfortunately, typical.
Actually, the attitiudes to the country's manufacturing stock have not really changed since the 1970's. That is the fundamental problem - the erosion started a long time ago and continues.

From memory, the fnal version of this report was published in 2009. Hence the departmental title I guess.

It may be that I am missing your point. Perhaps you could clarify what is the relevane of semantics in the context of this report, which was commission by the Minister for the DTI.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote