View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2020, 19:46   #7
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
No.---A record is a round black disc with a hole in the middle.-----( Sorry. )

Sounds like one of those garages that didn't actually do the job but just refilled the system with new fluid knowing you would be unable to inspect their work.

It happens.-- I wanted to hire a special tool from a garage but was told the guy last using it was on holiday.

The manager decided to open the guys locker only to find it was full of items that were meant to be fitted to various cars during repair and servicing.--The fitter was phoned and told not to come back after his holiday was over.-------Fired.--
It was done correctly Jon, I spent the day in the workshop watching him dismantle the car, I had the clutch changed as the slave had a rumble every time the pedal was pushed, when the gearbox was on the bench he literally touched the slave and the thing spat itself over the workshop floor.
The replacement was light to press, 17 days of joy then bang.

Personally I think the quality of replacement parts is starting to become a game of russian roulette with no manufacturer to keep a finger on quality control we are just going to be sold a load of rubbish, a surefire way of herding us into whatever the powers that be want us to do next.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote