View Single Post
Old 15th April 2022, 10:18   #71
lida
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6

Hello v-man. Thank you for your post. I am calling it "running hot".

I monitored my car for a week following original repairs, and have told service manager that it is NOT normal for a Rover 75 in the cool weather we had in March to be showing engine coolant temps between 102-111. My short 2½ mile trip from my house to Tesco should not cause fan speed 1 to come on either.

He got aggressive with me and asked me how I knew about the temps. I informed him that I was accessing the onboard diagnostic. He then asked how I was accessing that (I don't think he believed me, or he didnt know himself).

Then, of course, he and the sales manage had to put a story together and they came up with the following. There is a disparity between engine temp and coolant temp and the diagnostic that I use is not reliable. It goes on .........

In his efforts to convince me otherwise, the service manager told me that he had himself acquired a new car last year and that during his 2½ mile journeys his fan also came on! The lengths & depths the idiot went to to convince me that everything is A-OK are laughable.

Last edited by lida; 15th April 2022 at 10:23..
lida is offline   Reply With Quote