View Single Post
Old 5th May 2021, 08:58   #21
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Many thanks for the reply, and indeed others who have replied privately. As you point out and is now obvious there is a common thread here relating to power supply issues and I've been given a suggestion to a possible cause/fix.

I saw the option for upgrading the software, but at the time I was using 0004 rather than 0006 (the 04 is an original disc/the 06 a burnt copy) and I was unsure about the risk of updating the software with 0006 - I know my limitations. But if it's safe, even in my hands, then I'll try once the car is mobile.

I don't have Rave anymore as I gave it to a friend in need thinking that as I have the printed library I didn't really need it. But my library dates from 1999 and doesn't include the 1.8. We also have a ZS180 at home so perhaps it's time to order a recent copy of Rave.

I'm sure, in your hands, the T4 is a very reliable machine and a better alternative to Toaf especially reading the 1.8T. It's just that Toaf always connects 10 of 10 times, the T4 1 of 10 times so perhaps you understand my preference. However I've been given suggestions on how to improve that too so hopefully the only T4 that I know of in private hands in Sweden will see less dust on it and hopefully provide help to other members in the near future.

Keep well

ps. Note to self - must ask Arctic how to make the T4 more mobile (transportable).
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote