Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Leo by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 3rd June 2024, 10:45   #174602
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Blimey! Looks like the Geneva motor show has bit the dust for good, such is the disruption in the auto industry at present. Citing "uncertainties linked to the automotive industry" Compared with the recent Beijing motor show which was ram jammed for the entire time with only a couple of Legacy auto-makers present. You even needed tickets to queue up to get up close to the latest offerings like the Xiaomi SU 7. https://europe.autonews.com/geneva-a...-canceled-2025

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 11:20   #174603
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Lightbulb

Looks like a decent day here today so a trip in to town could be on the cards to try to get something sorted. Like a few members I bought a pump a while back to do an oil change from above without having to get down and under to remove the sump plug. Have yet to use it for that purpose but gave the pump a try a while back with my TV's aerial lead to pump rainwater out of it - a common problem with aerials that are fitted by an idiot. Anyhow, following some repeat pixilation of my TV's picture I tried the pump again and ... Zilch! Pump no worky having been used only once before and for a few seconds only.

It is of the 12-Volt type that is often sold by the likes of Lidl and Aldi, I think mine came from Lidl, and there is nothing outwardly visible to go wrong with it. After faffing around with a couple of different batteries and a battery charger to no avail I was tempted to bin it as others might well do. But it is still new having been used only once to try it and for a few seconds only. Old Tightus would be horrified at the thought of scrapping it and, if I'm honest, I found it a little unpalatable too having paid ~ £14 for it having had little or no use out of it.

So I bit the bullet and opened the pump up and I could not believe my eyes. I cursed the */&"Beep!Beeps!???? who designed and signed off such stupidity. Some might not spot it but it did not escape my background that hidden under a sleeve of heat shrink (INSIDE THE PUMP???) is a ... fuse! And it is not hardwired as it might look to some, it is of the double-end capped type where the connecting wires look to be soldered to the ends of the fuse but they are not. They are soldered to end caps that pull off the ends of the fuse revealing in my case a slow-blow 10 amp 250 volt glass encapsulated 5x20 mm fuse - the filament of which had clearly ruptured.

So, if you have one of these pumps and it fails to proceed it might well be a simple fix - though not as obvious and as simple as it */&"Beep!Beeps!??? should be.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote