Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2024, 07:00   #21
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

I spoke with Lindsay at MGR C&C Services Ltd yesterday and she has confirmed the numbers on my V5.

So either my results are particularly poor
OR
Dougie's are particularly good
OR
There is an error in the system favouring Dougie
My money goes on option 3.

As a side note, it appears that the CofC data is held to 3 decimal places which is rounded UP on the V5 to 2 decimal places. This could be very helpful to the V6 (2.5) owners.

Also a shout out to Lindsay, lovely lady very helpful even though she was not getting paid for her time & effort

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2024, 10:32   #22
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
I spoke with Lindsay at MGR C&C Services Ltd yesterday and she has confirmed the numbers on my V5
I called yesterday and left a voicemail (O2 so must be diverting to a mobile) and again today but no reply. I'm assuming 0121 445 4132 is the correct number.

Interested to hear Lindsay doesn't get paid given that MGR C&C Services Ltd. charge £175 for the certificates?

Dougie.
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2024, 10:55   #23
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
I called yesterday and left a voicemail (O2 so must be diverting to a mobile) and again today but no reply. I'm assuming 0121 445 4132 is the correct number.

Interested to hear Lindsay doesn't get paid given that MGR C&C Services Ltd. charge £175 for the certificates?

Dougie.

I believe that she owns the company (as she is one of the two directors) and it is her decision not to charge for details as apposed to providing a certified CofC
She would have been well within her rights to charge me for the info she provided (or even just her time)

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2024, 12:29   #24
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
I believe that she owns the company (as she is one of the two directors) and it is her decision not to charge for details as apposed to providing a certified CofC
She would have been well within her rights to charge me for the info she provided (or even just her time)

SteveN
Thanks. That's decent of her.

Dougie.
Old 29th May 2024, 12:34   #25
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
I called yesterday ... and again today but no reply. I'm assuming 0121 445 4132 is the correct number.
It is Dougie. Do check that you're calling within the hours quoted which are different depending upon the day of the week.
Quote:
I'd say it is very generous of her to offer to consult the database to check whether it's worth your while to buy the certificate. As Steve points out, she chooses not to charge for this despite the time and company resources involved.

Although I paid for her certificate service, it's saved me a fortune in ULEZ taxation.

Simon
Old 29th May 2024, 12:42   #26
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
It is Dougie. Do check that you're calling within the hours quoted which are different depending upon the day of the week.

I'd say it is very generous of her to offer to consult the database to check whether it's worth your while to buy the certificate. As Steve points out, she chooses not to charge for this despite the time and company resources involved.

Although I paid for her certificate service, it's saved me a fortune in ULEZ taxation.

Simon
Thanks Simon. I raised the point purely because it seemed an odd arrangement for a trading company to use a volunteer to deal with sales, but SteveN clarified that it's her decision as a director. I certainly wasn't complaining about their prices. They can charge what they like in our capitalist society and I can decide whether I want to pay. Glad you're saving money with ULEZ as a result. My enquiries are based on LEZs much further north though.

Dougie.

Dougie.
Old 29th May 2024, 13:19   #27
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Simon ... it seemed an odd arrangement for a trading company to use a volunteer to deal with sales ...
You've lost me there Dougie.
Quote:
My enquiries are based on LEZs much further north though.
It's my understanding that however far north the zone is located the NOx criterion remains the same and fines are still involved.

Anyway, do let us know the outcome of your enquiries.

Simon
Old 29th May 2024, 13:44   #28
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
You've lost me there Dougie.
It initially looked to me as if Lindsay was working as a volunteer in a normally-trading business which puzzled me. But I get it now so we can move on to sunlit uplands.

Quote:
It's my understanding that however far north the zone is located the NOx criterion remains the same and fines are still involved.
I meant Scotland, not Barnet. Judging by the amount of confusion I've been causing on my own thread, I'll close the door on it until/unless I've got an update from my original aim of examining my car's Scottish non-exemption status.

My excuse is that our fourth grandchild in less than 2 years was born 10 days ago and my head is a shed.

Dougie.