Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th May 2024, 20:34   #11
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

OK.So back to the ABS module. ! What is actually wrong with your existing plug ? Have you broken/damaged the pins/contacts . If it only wants a clean up ,can you not look for a cleaning fluid for this job. Its ok looking for another plug connector , but you have 40 pins to re solder !! Why dont you repin or repair your existing ones damage or corrosion ....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2024, 05:00   #12
bearhouse
Avid contributor

Rover 75

My ABS plug is corroded. I would like to re-pin but can't see how the open the plug. There are two blue clips to slide and four black lugs to unclip but it still won't open and I don't want to use undue force. Any idea how to open? Then once open, does anyone have the part number for the AMP crimps used? Or do we just use a generic Molex type crimp?

I've counted and on my car there are 27 wires on the ABS plug so I'm happy to splice a replacement plug in. The difficulty is finding a plug from a V6 with traction control. Rover only fitted the pins for the specific model car. I have a plug from a diesel model but it doesn't have 3 pins for he KV6 and 1 pin for traction control. Again, I could add the pins if I could open it.

I've tried various breakers for ABS plugs but the leave them on when they sell the ABS pump and the pumps are as rare as hens teeth for my model.

Any suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.
bearhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2024, 06:58   #13
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhouse View Post
My ABS plug is corroded. I would like to re-pin but can't see how the open the plug ... Any idea how to open?
I'll have access to one tomorrow Terry. I'll have a look to see if I can work it out (unless someone else can provide the answer straight away).

Simon
Old 19th May 2024, 13:31   #14
bearhouse
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Thanks Simon. I don’t suppose you have a spare V6 ABS plug?

I’ve had a look at the diesel connector I have. The unused wire holes have a blue bung in to presumably prevent dust / dirt / liquid getting into the ABS pump. The holes that have pins and hence wires in also have a seal around each wire which is almost impossible to remove. So, if I’m right, the connector won’t come apart to expose the pins. See if you conclude the same.

I will remove the blue bungs for the 4 wires I need to add. I will see if I can add the wires with Molex crimps but I’ll need to find a way to fix the crimps in to the housing as they will differ from the original Amp crimps.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Regards,
Terry

Last edited by bearhouse; 19th May 2024 at 15:08..
bearhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2024, 21:10   #15
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Ahh, sorry Terry I have misinterpreted your question. I thought you were having difficulty releasing the connector from the module but I now realise that you've done that successfully. You now want to dismantle the connector to add extra connections. Unfortunately I agree with you that it's not going to be easy and no, I don't have a spare.

Simon