Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2024, 20:13   #1
Anon3
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Default Investing in effective pest control

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my recent mouse problem experience and how I learned the importance of investing in the right solution. I initially tried DIY methods to save money, but they were ineffective. A friend suggested a mouse repellent spray, and although I was hesitant to spend, I gave it a shot. It worked wonders! Within days, the mice were gone, and the peace of mind was priceless. Lesson learned: sometimes spending a bit upfront saves you a ton in the long run. So, if you're dealing with pests, consider investing in a reliable solution rather than struggling with DIY fixes. Trust me, it's worth it.

Any similar experiences or budget-friendly pest control tips to share?

Villa, Stella, Balti.
It's Brummie latin that means, er......

Vis tester available to local V6 owners
Anon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2024, 20:20   #2
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

That isn't a spray, it is some type of ultrasonic device.

"The powerful ultrasonic waves stimulate rodents' nervous and auditory systems, which will drive the rodents away from your house".
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2024, 04:29   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

In deterring rodents I now keep a spray made up of eucalyptus, mint, tea tree oils and water. Not waiting for the blighters to return, I use the spray if I visit the regions where they were in the past.

Supplies bought from Holland and Barrett, plus Savers.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:12   #4
Synchromesh
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon3 View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my recent mouse problem experience and how I learned the importance of investing in the right solution. I initially tried DIY methods to save money, but they were ineffective. A friend suggested a mouse repellent spray, and although I was hesitant to spend, I gave it a shot. It worked wonders! Within days, the mice were gone, and the peace of mind was priceless. Lesson learned: sometimes spending a bit upfront saves you a ton in the long run. So, if you're dealing with pests, consider investing in a reliable solution rather than struggling with DIY fixes. Trust me, it's worth it.

Any similar experiences or budget-friendly pest control tips to share?

Were the mice under your car bonnet, in your shed or in your house? I have had problems with mice under my 75 bonnet. They chewed the foam under the engine cover and left acorn husks and droppings in the vee of the engine. Fortunately they didn't chew any pipes or wires.
Synchromesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2024, 20:26   #5
Devilish
This is my second home

75 Tourer

A few years ago a new 8'X6' shed at the bottom of the garden set on slabs and 3"sq tanalised joists, SWMBOs bird feeders hung on the front finial as I figured eventually attracted mice. Several times last summer when sitting by the back door, I noticed a mouse pop out from under the shed, help itself to seed, then disappear back under the shed, or would notice one motionless looking at me. The bird feeder went in the bin and I pondered a solution before they chewed their way into the shed. From heaven a young couple with 2 cats bought a house across the road. I have never been a pet person, like to fuss them and give them treats, as long as they belong to someone else. One day while in the front garden eating a 12" meatball Subway, the cats appeared so I gave them each a meatball, SWMBO also gave them hot left over meat a few times. Subsequently when the garage door/s was open the cats would appear, in and out of the garage for fuss and treats, rubbing their body around our legs. Suddenly we started to find pairs of legs, heads, feathers etc outside the garage door. One evening while outside partaking in a cig I heard something growling, not like a cat but like a small dog. It was the bushy tabby cat walking up the drive with something in its mouth. it dropped it on the floor, walked under the car and lay motionless. I'm thinking 'well ok, I appreciate the gesture, but not exactly a meatball, and I hope you are not waiting for me to eat it'. The mouse moved, the cat pounced out, took the mouse under the car, then came out licking its chops, leaving the back legs. From that day whenever the garage door/s were open I left the back door open, the tabby would wonder in and out after a few visits I was doing something in the garage when I noticed its big bushy tail flick and the cat disappeared out the back door, thinking something had fell on it I dashed out to see it with its head under the shed, after a few minutes it went to lay motionless on the grass for ages. Now I know it makes its way into the back garden via the front canopy>three car tandem garage>rear extension, all tiled roofing that wraps around the house, because one night while in the upstairs PC room it popped its head through the open window, probably the best jump scare ever. I have not seen a mouse since. I now love the tabby cat to bits, even though it is not allowed in the house.

Talking to the chaps wife about it she said "They often bring stuff into the house, they have a cat flap in the garage but are mostly out all night. First time it happened to me one of them walked into the kitchen and dropped a mouse on the floor, was getting a bag out the cupboard to put it in, turned around and it was chewing the head, I nearly threw up".

Last edited by Devilish; 24th May 2024 at 20:43..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote