Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Phil,

Sorry for the late reply.

Today Ros, Zed The Ted and I went over to the marina to remove stuff from onboard ready for Friday when she comes out of the water.
Mainly clearing stuff from the engine room to allow full access when the engineer comes to fit the new shaft seals etc.

Zed the Ted hasn't been onboard since our epic trip from the Norfolk Broads to Walton On The Naze so he wanted to make sure all was Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion
Good Morning Jeff and thank you for the photos of the marina and restaurant, your posts are always interesting, upbeat and courteous, thank you for that, I try and remain polite even when others are not

Don’t ever worry about replying late Have you heard from Steve W? I haven’t seen him post up for quite a while.

We have turned our visit to you next month into a mini-break stopping off in London for a few days to see friends and then another hotel stopover the night we call in to see you and Ros at Walton-On-The-Naze, it’s all setup.

During the recent floods in Kenya, my 4x4 got terribly wet inside, so on Wednesday its all seats and carpets out - they need shampooing and then checking the seals in the floor to see if any need replacing, you are doing similar, but on a larger scale with Lady Emma.

Have a great day
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 03:48   #174592
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I'm much of the same opinion, I have never fancied a cruise, I not comfortable with deep/open water and my aunt/uncle had an experience on a cruise years ago when a couple "latched" onto them and wouldn't give them peace, trying to organise things for them. Despite being told to leave them alone they persisted, my uncle more or less ended up hiding reading a book. Coach trip . . . . always brings back memories of that film about a whistle stop coach tour around Europe, "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium".

I'm knackered! Suddenly relining the wooden trough/planter I emptied had become number one priority yesterday, trouble was I needed staples for the new lining. I was up early to go to B&Q, Screwfix or where ever, trouble is I didn't sleep, worst night I've had for a long time. Got up early but took my time having breakfast etc before heading out, planter done now. Keeping myself going on caffeine.
Good morning Steve, thank you for that.

Clearly a cruise or a coach holiday is not for everyone.

https://www.butlins.com/about-us/redcoats I can imagine you at Butlins!
Old 3rd June 2024, 04:07   #174593
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Don't talk about family but . . . . several years ago Ging lost a brother and sister in law in a RTA then not long after her other brother in another RTA. We've been supporting their kids, our nieces and nephews, they're now teenagers/late teens. We've been (and are) financing them through higher levels of education, college etc, to give them a better chance in life, there's no government support in the Philippines. Over there you've either got it or you haven't and if you haven't got it you're in bother!

Our eldest niece has just graduated from nursing college with flying colours. We are very proud of her and the effort she has put in.
Steve, that’s great news about your eldest niece graduating from nursing college, will she come and work for the NHS? or go into private nursing/healthcare. It’s kind of you and Ging to provide financial / educational support for your family in the Philippines.

It’s similar here in Kenya, education for children has to be paid for through private fees and it’s expensive. The same with healthcare. Recently our cleaner asked if we could contribute to the cost of her daughter having a cancer operation: £10,000 to treat Cervical Cancer. On the 17th of May her local church were holding a jamboree day to raise funds to pay for the chemotherapy and surgery, we contributed, but one can only do so much.
Old 3rd June 2024, 06:36   #174594
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good Morning Jeff and thank you for the photos of the marina and restaurant, your posts are always interesting, upbeat and courteous, thank you for that, I try and remain polite even when others are not

Don’t ever worry about replying late Have you heard from Steve W? I haven’t seen him post up for quite a while.

We have turned our visit to you next month into a mini-break stopping off in London for a few days to see friends and then another hotel stopover the night we call in to see you and Ros at Walton-On-The-Naze, it’s all setup.

During the recent floods in Kenya, my 4x4 got terribly wet inside, so on Wednesday its all seats and carpets out - they need shampooing and then checking the seals in the floor to see if any need replacing, you are doing similar, but on a larger scale with Lady Emma.

Have a great day
Morning Phil & Jessica,

Last time I heard from Steve it was on Facebook, that was at least a few months back though.
Hope he is okay but he has had breaks away from social media before.

He's probably enjoying his caravan and getting in plenty of fishing.

Your drenching of the 4x4 sounds a bit like our accidental jet washing of the bedroom on Lady Emma .
Luckily you are blessed with warmer weather so hopefully your seats and carpets will dry out pretty quickly

Whist we are on the subject of fellow chillouters, have you spoken to Rod lately?

Sounds like you have a well booked itinerary in place for July, please be sure to bring some of that glorious weather with you on your travels
Old 3rd June 2024, 06:36   #174595
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, What a grey day. I'm off to pick up our daughter from the garage shortly, Her truck is in for service & tyres.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 06:58   #174596
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, What a grey day. I'm off to pick up our daughter from the garage shortly, Her truck is in for service & tyres.
Morning Ian,

Sun is out down this part of the world
Old 3rd June 2024, 07:03   #174597
coolcat
This is my second home

Is it a Mac or is it a cat?

https://youtube.com/shorts/nkGaPx9d-...dDPSD7hAuAyb7o

Last edited by coolcat; 3rd June 2024 at 07:06..
coolcat is online now   Reply With Quote