Notices

Old 21st June 2024, 16:58   #174781
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Totally different circumstances but that response reminds me of when we applied for Ging's visa to join me here. Ging applied at the British Embassy in Manila, waited . . . . and waited. Christmas was approaching, of course we wanted to spend Christmas together so I sent a fax (shows how long ago it was!) to the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) dealing with the application, on my knees on a piece of paper begging to know if Ging would be here by Christmas or would I be better going over there. I got a two sentence reply "the process is ongoing. I will advise you when there is any change"! That bubbled inside me until I exploded! I'm not taking that from some little civil servant I went to the press here, wrote to my local MP, even wrote to Buckingham Palace! I faxed the Vice Consul at the British Embassy in Manila stating I was not happy with the ECO's brush off reply and that I was making waves about it here. A couple of weeks later I came home from work to a fax from the Vice Consul saying Ging's visa had been granted, wishing us every happiness and the ECO was no longer employed at the Embassy. I can only think I wasn't the only one who complained about that particular ECO.
Well you know how it feels Steve, well now Fiona asked the insurance to put me on the policy to drive the car, once she told them I had surrender my insurance by voluntarily and now I’m ok to start drive yet, they refused to insure me until my licence is returned, which could be months. Which then means I can’t insure any vehicle with my licence.
So one step forward, but 10steps back.
Old 21st June 2024, 17:33   #174782
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Another thing that stops me getting forward, I won’t be insured to drive even though DVLA said I can, it just means I can’t until licence is held in my wallet.
We rand to see if dr has send off the form, well it arrived ONE MONTH ago and DVLA are still waiting for it send to them.
It’s just hoping he sends form off straight away next week, we told DVLA that we need licence back soon to allow me to start work again, the lady we spoke to said they will make a note of starting work and it will hurry them up send licence to me.
So next work week I planned to get van serviced and MOTD, will have to be cancelled in case I don’t get insured of it. Like I said in previous post make one step forward, but you get knock 10 steps back.
Old 21st June 2024, 19:43   #174783
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Been a doggy afternoon today, Suzy and Maya both clipped. Maya still needs her back legs finished off but she was getting bored and fidgety so called it quits. We have to get Pops done professionally, she get so psyched out being clipped that getting it over and done with quickly is best, even at that she needs a tranquilliser.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote