Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th October 2008, 18:34   #1
jasper

rover75club cdti

Default 1999 silver cdti 125000 miles

silver 1999 125 000 miles full bmw service, tax and test drives exelent putting up for sale shortly £2200 or very nearest offer. based in middlesbrough north east. any interest let me know by email, club edition,headlight washers, alloys, small scuff on left rear trim, apart from that exelent motor for year.
jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 18:36   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I think you may find the required price Optimistic by current Glasses and sales,
But best of luck with your sale.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 18:44   #3
JohnDotCom

Valuation information

Vehicle details:

Make: Rover
Model: 75
Variant: 4 door Saloon Manual
Trim: Club
Engine: 2.0TD Diesel
Year/Plate 1999 T
Mileage 125,000

Valuation details:

Excellent condition £700
Average condition £620
Below average condition £535

Retail £2370. Inc 12 Months MOT 6 Months Tax 1 Year Warranty.
Cost new £20550

Disclaimer
All valuations given are based on a single transaction with a bona fide motor dealer involving the sale of the consumer's car in part exchange for the purchase of a different car from the same dealer.
Values are not cash values, replacement prices, private sales values or insurance settlements and therefore must not be used for any other valuation purposes whatsoever.

Vehicle prices are affected by many different factors such as regional variations, sales promotions, as well as a dealer's perceived view of the condition of a vehicle. The amount quoted should not be relied upon solely, and should be treated as a guide only.

Glass's has exercised all reasonable care and skill in providing you with your valuation, using information obtained in good faith from sources unconnected to Glass's. Glass's does not accept responsibility for errors, omissions, liability or loss suffered as a result of the use of the valuation by any user or any other party. In the event that this exclusion is found to be unlawful, Glass's maximum liability shall not exceed £5000.

Retail Value
The 'dealer asking price' or 'windscreen price'. It is not necessarily the price a consumer would actually pay, as it may be the subject of negotiation, discount or an extra allowance on the value of your own car. It will also vary depending on any special offers applicable at the time, condition, and any options and extras that may be fitted.

Excellent condition:
Ready for retail sale; mechanically perfect, paintwork unblemished for a vehicle under two years old, but may have slight stone damage on a vehicle over two years old or with high mileage. Interior should be immaculate. A full service history must be provided. All equipment fitted should be fully operational. Tyres should be new or nearly new, wheels and trims clean and undamaged. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of nine months.

Average condition:
Some wear and tear to mechanical parts may be expected. Some minor repair might be required to the paintwork, although there should be no serious damage requiring replacement bodywork. The car will be of generally tidy appearance inside and out but some expenditure may be required for retail sale. A full service history should be provided. All equipment fitted should be fully operational. Tyres should not be more than half worn. Wheels and trims should be in good condition. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of six months.

Below average condition:
Requires mechanical repair or some repair to bodywork. The interior may be worn and seats may have marks. Some corrosion, damage or poorly repaired paintwork may need attention. The car may not have a full service history and would not be offered for retail sale without significant expenditure. Major items of equipment such as radios should be operational. Tyres should be legal with an even tread depth across the tyre. Wheels and trims may show evidence of some scuff marks. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of three months.

Old 6th October 2008, 20:58   #4
efreeti
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDT 130+ (04) & 75 Tourer CDT Auto (52) & a 1998 MGF (with HGF!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post

Disclaimer
All valuations given are based on a single transaction with a bona fide motor dealer involving the sale of the consumer's car in part exchange for the purchase of a different car from the same dealer.
Values are not cash values, replacement prices, private sales values or insurance settlements and therefore must not be used for any other valuation purposes whatsoever.
Surely that means that is the part exchange value which is nothing like what the value of a "private good" tansaction would\could be. The dealer price is £2300 with a 12 month warranty, but no dealer is ever going to offer a 12 month warranty on a 10 year old car with 125k on the clock. Glass's guide just doesn't make sense for vehicles of this age IMHO.

Plus if you could pick up an excellent condition club edition diesel for £700 in the real world I would have ten of them (one for each day and 3 spares) :-) You would struggle to get a good condition Mondeo diesel for that price.

£2200 is a bit optimistic, but £1800 would probably get you a sale.

Replace in tank fuel pump with Peugeot alternative
Dismantle and re-fit interior and seats
Retrofit electric memory seats without the loom
All followed at your own risk!

Available to borrow: I have a home made (tried and tested) Cam Locking tool for M47 should anyone need it.
efreeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 21:27   #5
JohnDotCom

The trouble is Buyers tend to pay the £3.50 or whatever for these Valuations
or use Parkers Old car Guide and want something for nothing.
Auctions at the moment is the place for 75 Bargains.

Also a lot of people don't realise the possible cost to keep one of these cars on the Roads.
They are not "bangers" and can require a lot of money spent on normal service items etc.
Quite a shock to some when they need a head Gasket or Timing belt changed,
when they have only spent a Grand or so for it.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:55   #6
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Auctions at the moment is the place for 75 Bargains.

Agreed.

I watched a 2001 2.5 V6 75 go the other day with 50K on the clock and FSH and 6 months tax and MOT go through a local auction for £400. And that had had the cam belts done.

If I hadn't made a mistake and thought they were bidding on a Nissan sunny I'd have a second one on the drive. I was kicking myself for my stupidity.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote