Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2015, 19:46   #1
fraz59
Loves to post

MG-ZT

Default poor radio reception

Have never had really good radio reception, and after a long trip It was really bad trying to get a good signal

Have been reading up on here about the problem. So went out and had a look at the passengers side to check things out

Got 12v at the lead...and goes to zero when head unit turned off ...so that is as should be

checked the connections at the screen and they seem sound (only the one lead with two connections at screen)

However I thing the amplifier may not be working if that is what it is ...small black box with the connection to screen and the power lead and aerial ...as Rimmers call it Isolator aerial???

I know that if I tune into a weak station and disconnect the power lead it changes nothing ..so I presume it does not work ..that if it is indeed an amplifier

anyone know if it is an amplifier ?? part number XUC100741
fraz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 15:28   #2
fraz59
Loves to post

MG-ZT

40 views and no one has anything to imput
Old 24th July 2015, 15:38   #3
2.2-600-vtec
Loves to post

mg ztt

Its a isolator so as not to fry the radio when the screen is heated, I would have thought that it amplifies the signal also. What radio do you have?
2.2-600-vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 18:39   #4
fraz59
Loves to post

MG-ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2-600-vtec View Post
Its a isolator so as not to fry the radio when the screen is heated, I would have thought that it amplifies the signal also. What radio do you have?
think it was this bit of 80's rubbish that was fitted (now in shed)

The VDO CR213X

now got a double din unit ...and the radio was very poor even with the original
Old 24th July 2015, 18:57   #5
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz59 View Post
Have never had really good radio reception, and after a long trip It was really bad trying to get a good signal

Have been reading up on here about the problem. So went out and had a look at the passengers side to check things out

Got 12v at the lead...and goes to zero when head unit turned off ...so that is as should be

checked the connections at the screen and they seem sound (only the one lead with two connections at screen)

However I thing the amplifier may not be working if that is what it is ...small black box with the connection to screen and the power lead and aerial ...as Rimmers call it Isolator aerial???

I know that if I tune into a weak station and disconnect the power lead it changes nothing ..so I presume it does not work ..that if it is indeed an amplifier

anyone know if it is an amplifier ?? part number XUC100741
It is an amplifier yes. If nothing changes when you disconnect the power then something is definitely wrong. With no power on mine the signal virtually dissappears so you should certainly see a difference. Maybe post up in items wanted for a replacement.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote