Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th July 2014, 18:36   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default just checked my new 75 over

Been looking at my newly acquired '03 75 cdt tourer. I have a few things that need attention that you could give me some advice on.

At some point the clutch has been replaced together with master and slave cylinders. The clutch is heavy to operate and the master cylinders is weeping a little fluid at the ruibber seal end where the pedal rod goes in. Will it fail suddenly or just continue getting slowly worse. If a new one is required which one to buy, from where?

the intercooler o rings are gone. Where can I get them from?

I have a moist joint at both ends of a water pipe that has a bleed valve on it which sits close to the intercooler pipe. Can I source a new piece of pipe?

I'm changing the tyres, I've noticed the n/s rear has worn more on the outside, the other side a bit but less. Is there any adjustment other than the front tracking? Could it be caused by deterioration of rear suspension bushes?

I want to change the metal brake pipes to the flexies connecting to the front calipers. Can I bled the brakes manually, with or without the ignition on?

the brake pedal is very hard, to me it doesn't feel reassuringly powerful. I've looked at the discs and pads, can only see that the rear discs are worn to some extent with rust on the top of the swept part and a little on the bottom. Will renew discs/pads on rear with a mintex set. The brake fluid was changed 3 years ago, the nipples are tight, would need heat to shift so don't want to do that at this point in time. What should the brakes feel like, powerful?

hopefully someone can give me some help, thanks
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 19:06   #2
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Been looking at my newly acquired '03 75 cdt tourer. I have a few things that need attention that you could give me some advice on.

At some point the clutch has been replaced together with master and slave cylinders. The clutch is heavy to operate and the master cylinders is weeping a little fluid at the ruibber seal end where the pedal rod goes in. Will it fail suddenly or just continue getting slowly worse. If a new one is required which one to buy, from where?

the intercooler o rings are gone. Where can I get them from?

I have a moist joint at both ends of a water pipe that has a bleed valve on it which sits close to the intercooler pipe. Can I source a new piece of pipe?

I'm changing the tyres, I've noticed the n/s rear has worn more on the outside, the other side a bit but less. Is there any adjustment other than the front tracking? Could it be caused by deterioration of rear suspension bushes?

I want to change the metal brake pipes to the flexies connecting to the front calipers. Can I bled the brakes manually, with or without the ignition on?

the brake pedal is very hard, to me it doesn't feel reassuringly powerful. I've looked at the discs and pads, can only see that the rear discs are worn to some extent with rust on the top of the swept part and a little on the bottom. Will renew discs/pads on rear with a mintex set. The brake fluid was changed 3 years ago, the nipples are tight, would need heat to shift so don't want to do that at this point in time. What should the brakes feel like, powerful?

hopefully someone can give me some help, thanks
The Viton O rings are available from several suppliers on this site, just search 'Viton'. The tracking on the 75 should be done by properly equipped garages and should start with the rears first. Some of us have experienced low speed brake squeal with Mintex pads (there are some counterfeit ones on E bay) Pagid pads have the adhesive backing which should prevent squeal and they are cheap from Euro car parts.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 19:16   #3
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Hi!

The intercooler rings can be sourced from member Jules - look in the trader section.

If the coolant pipe is leaking at both ends, check the clips and replace with new jubilee clips if the pipe itself is good.

The brakes should be powerful and progressive, if the pedal is hard then that suggests there is an air leak in the vacuum pipes, or the vacuum pump itself is faulty.

Sorry but dont know much about the clutch, but it shouldnt leak!
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote