Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th June 2012, 08:28   #1
illogict
Regular poster

MG ZTs

Default Mk3 sat nav language change

Hi,
My mk3 sat nav is only in EN/DE so i tried to change the language to french with navcoder and now it's asking for the software disk. Unfortunately the BMW V32 nor the V22 seems to work. Does anybody know what i can do?
Thx a lot
illogict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 10:34   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

i might be wrong on this but here goes!if you are trying to upgrade change the o.e.m rover mark 3 drive you might be stuffed.the rover mk 3 drive is a dummed down version of the bmw mk 3.but to make matters worse it has a block on it so it cannot be upgraded.this is probally not the correct technical term but i am sure you understand what i mean.i think to get a unit you can change you need a bmw mk3 which can be changed if you are good with a computor.or the best but not cheap is the bmw mk4 dvd nav drive which can be done quite easily.the bmw v32 disc is for the mk 4 b.t.w which will not work
Old 8th June 2012, 13:27   #3
illogict
Regular poster

MG ZTs

Actually i've already upgraded to the Mk4 + 16/9 boardmonitor but i gave the old sat nav system to friend of mine who really wanted the satnav in french so i wasn't really trying to upgrade it, just change the language. And BTW there is also a v32 for the mk3
illogict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 14:46   #4
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

If its a Rover sat nav unit it can't be upgraded with the BMW software.
You can go to the settings menu and this has some language options but I can't remember if French is one of the options.
If French isn't one of the options you may be able to get this changed with a T4 session
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 15:16   #5
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogict View Post
Actually i've already upgraded to the Mk4 + 16/9 boardmonitor but i gave the old sat nav system to friend of mine who really wanted the satnav in french so i wasn't really trying to upgrade it, just change the language. And BTW there is also a v32 for the mk3
well there you go i assumed that mk 4 being in different to the mk 3 and as the discs will work from one to another that the firmware would also not be interchangeable.i no the mk 4 uses the v32.2 as i have just put this in mine to get the 7 digit post code search etc.you live and learn as they say.i should imagine there will be away of changing the lingo as rover must have done this depending where the car was being exported to.and as also stated above would probally be a option on the t4 when the car was woken up at the dealers.