Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th June 2024, 22:36   #1
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Default Sneaky Edinburgh ulez! And some decent fuel economy once again…

A tale of success for a change. The old rusty relic has been earning its keep recently with numerous trips up and down the country. A trip to Telford and back and Edinburgh back last weekend with a sprint across to Manchester and back this weekend meant it’s done just short of a thousand miles this last 7 days.
The surprise of the week however was Edinburgh. I hadn’t realised they’d introduced a ulez until we mapped it there. No daily emissions tax here though, just a £60 fine for non compliance!!
Thankfully we didn’t need to pass right through the centre and managed to avoid the zone, but I’m now fearful of other ulez zones in England as many Scottish initiatives are simply trials for the rest of the country…
I expect a good number of pre euro 6 diesel vehicles getting substantially cheaper in the coming years…

Which is a shame because since I’ve changed the thermostat housing on the rov (due to the o-ring on the upper pipe perishing and leaking) it’s been performing much better than it has been over the last 12 month, even though I hadn’t noticed any issues with running temps.
I’ve yet to do a brim to brim on the latest tank but it has been averaging low 50’s mpg for ages, which is certainly nothing to be upset about although it was much higher previously.
this last week, three up with luggage to Edinburgh and back, then two up with luggage to Manchester and back with local trips in between this week, it will have done at least 58mpg. 60’s seem to be back on the cards again! Not bad for a 20 year old rot box…

I dropped off the motorway at 620 miles and 200 miles of range with exactly 1/4 tank, but four miles on local roads used 20 miles of range and knocked the needle down that much. I’ve got a good bit of commuting coming up again next week so maybe it’ll crack 800 miles to a tank again.
Trip hasn’t been reset for at least 5000 miles and this was a steady 65-70 mph on the motorways. Previously I was at 650 miles at this point when it was doing low 60’s mpg. The short local journeys really kill the range…

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2024, 22:54   #2
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

The Edinburgh ULEZ has been advertised, I posted about it here and yes, it’s black and white, either the vehicle complies or doesn’t and if it doesn’t it’s a sixty quid fine, per instance.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2024, 05:56   #3
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

They've even banned adverts for cars, cruise holidays & airlines. https://airqualitynews.com/health/ed...-and-airlines/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2024, 06:40   #4
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobson View Post
The surprise of the week however was Edinburgh. I hadn’t realised they’d introduced a ulez until we mapped it there. No daily emissions tax here though, just a £60 fine for non compliance!!
Thanks for alerting us to this Reece.

My enquiries last year also revealed that London's ULEZ is operated differently from the CAZ (Clean Air Zones) in cities in the rest of the U.K. In addition to Edinburgh, these can also be found in Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow and Portsmouth. The rules vary so checks are needed for Bath, Bradford, Sheffield and Tyneside.

Simon