Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2014, 23:32   #1
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Default Navall 2 Sat Nav

OK, two weeks ago, all prepared for trip from up here in sunny Peterhead to Preston Lancashire route already entered in sat nav night previously so just ready to jump in and drive off.
Following morning, jump, wait for sat nav to boot up and then drive off as planed. Get instruction to turn right at end of private lane, and proceed onto public road, then notice screen has gone blank??? Try other functions, get music and radio, but still blank screen. Stop, switch off and waif for boot down, then reboot, still no screen. Oh blast, never had that problem with Tom Tom, hope I can remember the way to Preston, next junction, hear instruction to turn left.. Oh at least the sat nav is working, just the screen that is missing, so continue.
Stop to refuel, switch on to drive off and hey presto sat nav screen appears so all is well... Hold on, didn't hear any instruction, maybe I missed it. No next junction, no spoken instructions, oh bother, it can be difficult following screen in traffic, but at least it's better than nothing.
Next driving break, search settings and find language choices, two female voices??? That's strange, where's the male voice I had before, never mind, the female voice will be just fine. Change setting and hear sample, switch back to other voice.. Nothing, so ok better choose one that appears to work.
Would anyone like to hazard a guess where the other voices have gone???
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 06:30   #2
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
OK, two weeks ago, all prepared for trip from up here in sunny Peterhead to Preston Lancashire route already entered in sat nav night previously so just ready to jump in and drive off.
Following morning, jump, wait for sat nav to boot up and then drive off as planed. Get instruction to turn right at end of private lane, and proceed onto public road, then notice screen has gone blank??? Try other functions, get music and radio, but still blank screen. Stop, switch off and waif for boot down, then reboot, still no screen. Oh blast, never had that problem with Tom Tom, hope I can remember the way to Preston, next junction, hear instruction to turn left.. Oh at least the sat nav is working, just the screen that is missing, so continue.
Stop to refuel, switch on to drive off and hey presto sat nav screen appears so all is well... Hold on, didn't hear any instruction, maybe I missed it. No next junction, no spoken instructions, oh bother, it can be difficult following screen in traffic, but at least it's better than nothing.
Next driving break, search settings and find language choices, two female voices??? That's strange, where's the male voice I had before, never mind, the female voice will be just fine. Change setting and hear sample, switch back to other voice.. Nothing, so ok better choose one that appears to work.
Would anyone like to hazard a guess where the other voices have gone???
No! but would like to know which type of unit you are explaining, also if you found out the problem of screen on--no voice or screen offf--had voice....
Hope you got there OK and not thrown your sat nave out the window like I have wanted to do a few times
Ken.
EDIT: I just read the title...sooooooooooorrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy.

Last edited by Kennyeth; 16th December 2014 at 06:32.. Reason: Been stupid and not read title
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 06:46   #3
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Not sure why your GPS Primo card would have lost its voice settings, very odd!
With regard the screen, you know it can be switched off by pressing and holding the mute button?
Don't know if that is why you had no picture but may explain it
Old 16th December 2014, 09:39   #4
Polly
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Not sure why your GPS Primo card would have lost its voice settings, very odd!

With regard the screen, you know it can be switched off by pressing and holding the mute button?

Don't know if that is why you had no picture but may explain it

Ah good point, I had forgotten about that. It is possible that the mute button was accidentally pushed. I can't understand why switching ignition off, waiting for Navall to log off and re booting didn't work either. It did work when left off for 10 minutes or so, so perhaps it takes longer to boot down than I thought.
Is it possible to locate and identify the English voice files on my laptop? and how many should I have?
Is it possible that interrupting the boot process has corrupted the file.
Old 16th December 2014, 09:51   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Ah good point, I had forgotten about that. It is possible that the mute button was accidentally pushed. I can't understand why switching ignition off, waiting for Navall to log off and re booting didn't work either. It did work when left off for 10 minutes or so, so perhaps it takes longer to boot down than I thought.
Is it possible to locate and identify the English voice files on my laptop? and how many should I have?
Is it possible that interrupting the boot process has corrupted the file.
Possible I guess.

The Primo software supplied has these voices installed as standard..

If you pop the card in your Pc and open the files it is under content/voice
If you are missing those voice files in the photo let us know and Sean or myself can send them as an email attatchment which you can copy and paste back into the voice folder
Old 16th December 2014, 11:55   #6
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

When I got my Nav 2 unit a couple of days ago the first thing I did was to copy the whole content of the SD card to PC.
If your going to view your files it might be an idea to do same, I plan on getting a 4gb micro SD card and use as safty backup.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 12:05   #7
Polly
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Possible I guess.

The Primo software supplied has these voices installed as standard..

If you pop the card in your Pc and open the files it is under content/voice

If you are missing those voice files in the photo let us know and Sean or myself can send them as an email attatchment which you can copy and paste back into the voice folder

Just checked the disc, and all 7 folders are present.
At present I'm assuming the tts voice is not working because it doesn't produce a short sample when selected, whereas the other voice does, and short of driving around the countryside, there doesn't appear to be a simple way of testing it?? (Like repeat last instruction?)