Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th July 2016, 18:50   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Problem downloading photos from iPhone to PC

My regular pocket camera went duff recently so I've been using my I phone, it's actually the missus's old one, an iPhone 4 I think.

I've successfully downloaded the photos from her iPhone 5C and her iPad Air but when I try to download photos on the iPhone4 it says there are no new photos and it shows as an empty file when quite clearly there are dozens of photos and the internal memory is approx 75% full

Any ideas as I would like to post some of the photos held on the phone.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 02:10   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Can you upload to photobucket or similar ? And then you can download onto the forum ?

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 04:56   #3
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

When you connect it by cable to a PC it just becomes another hard drive so you should see them but you may have to dig deeper by opening folders
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 23:41   #4
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Can you upload to photobucket or similar ? And then you can download onto the forum ?
There's lots of photos like family ones which I don't want on photo bucket and apart from that I don't know how to load direct from camera to photo bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
When you connect it by cable to a PC it just becomes another hard drive so you should see them but you may have to dig deeper by opening folders
I've opened the files exactly the same as the other phone and iPad but all I get is a blank page and down the bottom it has 0 showing as in no photos.

It's really weird as obviously there are loads of photo on the camera when I go into the photos app on home screen.

Someone's suggested I copy all the photos and send them to an e-mail address but that seems complicated.

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 9th July 2016 at 23:43.. Reason: Add text
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2016, 05:56   #5
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
My regular pocket camera went duff recently so I've been using my I phone, it's actually the missus's old one, an iPhone 4 I think.

I've successfully downloaded the photos from her iPhone 5C and her iPad Air but when I try to download photos on the iPhone4 it says there are no new photos and it shows as an empty file when quite clearly there are dozens of photos and the internal memory is approx 75% full

Any ideas as I would like to post some of the photos held on the phone.
Good morning Jim

Before anything else, do a backup. Go to settings, go down the list and click on iCloud. In the iCloud settings, click on backup. This is useful in case you ever need to reset the phone back to factory state and you don't want to lose your valuable photos, files and apps.

If you look on photo bucket help, there is a section on resolving blank screen issues. The advice suggests that JavaScript is enabled in your browser etc JavaScript is different to Java. It tells you how to do this.

I have an iPhone 4S.

Do have a look at the photo bucket help, as it is a step by step guide to resolving the blank screen issue
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote