Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th July 2014, 07:52   #1
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Default I thought Southampton was bad but.........

I have always thought that my home town of Southampton was bad for the amount of traffic lights, lane jumpers, people on phones when driving and jams but this week I have found a road in Dudley that's worse!

The road to me seemed to have three names according to my sat Nav as it said it was called Birmingham Road, New Birmingham Road and Birmingham Road New. I think it was all one road but as I only had my Sat Nav to go by it may have been three roads? Anyway I had to use these roads four times on Wednesday and I spent more than two hours on them to travel only a few miles in total but it was hell. I guess there is a way to avoid these roads but not knowing the area I was stuck with the Sat Nav directions. What an experience never again if I can avoid it.

I feel sorry for people who have to use it everyday if it's always like that. This has nothing to do with the people of Dudley who I found to be very friendly and helpful when I was there but I do feel sorry for them. I say it was Dudley because that's where I had to be but it may have been another area or even Birmingham? I never want to see another set of traffic lights again
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 08:40   #2
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

and the speed cameras was a great road but always lots of traffic cameras/ lights helps stop boy/girl racers However I would hate to try and join or cross the road without the lights.
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 08:41   #3
jamesh7216
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2003 2.5V6 Alfa GTV V6, Alfa 159 Sportwagon, Jeep Grand Cherokee

It's the Birmingham New Road aka A4123, and yes it has many many sets of traffic lights. Travelling along it at rush hour in either direction can take over an hour to travel around 5 miles, it's something the locals are used to because the alternative routes are usually just as congested
jamesh7216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 09:59   #4
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesh7216 View Post
It's the Birmingham New Road aka A4123, and yes it has many many sets of traffic lights. Travelling along it at rush hour in either direction can take over an hour to travel around 5 miles, it's something the locals are used to because the alternative routes are usually just as congested
That explains it then as I had to use it mid morning and around 4pm and it was manic I forgot about the speed cameras but they didn't figure into things as we were hardly moving both times we used it
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote