Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th June 2008, 17:47   #1
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Default Beware if you bank with Abbey...

...because they might be taking money from you.

On a routine check of my bank account today I found, for the THIRD time in as many months, a debit for "Interest and charges".

It wasn't for much, amounting to some 5 pence but the response I got from Abbey was priceless.

The first time it happened they were full of apologies. The second time they were mortified and insisted that it would not, COULD not happen again.

This time?

"Oh, if you're complaining about a small sum being debited for no reason, we are aware of it"

When I commented that it was the third time, the person on the other end of the phone practically called me a liar until I quoted amounts and dates.

It seems that the fact that they are aware of it makes it OK. :curse:

I asked what they had done about warning customers to be vigilant. Answer? "Nothing. It's not something we want to be made public".

So they carry on creaming a little from god knows how many bank accounts and the onus is on the customer to take action.

Clearly, Santander's idea of customer service is NOT the same as mine.

Alliance and Leicester seem to be offering a remarkably high credit interest on their current account. Time to consider the move I think.

I've been with Abbey for over 30 years and this sort of thing NEVER happened before the sale to Santander.

In a nutshell, if you bank with Abbey guys, lookout for "interest and charges" occurring on or about the 5th of the month because it's up to YOU to tell Abbey they've taken money from your account, they seem to have abdicated all responsibility.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote