Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th January 2018, 15:04   #29
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Lilian has asked me to convey her thanks for to those who attended Derek’s funeral yesterday, and those who sent their condolences and thoughts on line.
Derek would have been so happy at how he was well respected on the forum by people who knew him personally, and those who only came across him for his welcome new members threads and birthday wishes.
He was the epitome of what this club is all about, he lived and breathed Rovers, and his Pearl Black Tourer will be in attendance at the National in May.
There is a big hole in our lives, when ever we went to our local meets Derek was the first to arrive and would always walk across the car park to greet us,
It was only in recent times that he was becoming to frail to attend the Reunions no matter where they were, and being a stubborn beggar would always march and when offered a wheelchair, you can probably guess what the answer would be.
Dawn I are in regular contact with Lilian, although we are 150 miles away and wish we could be nearer, we will always try and support her no matter what, come to think of it any one on here should have our support whenever needed.

I would like to convey on Lilian’s behalf, your messages of condolences and
thoughts.

Many Thanks.

Dawn and Julien (Rev)
Well what more can any one say everything has been said about our great man Derek. It was a great service and i think that the members gave him a great send off i would to thank all those members that attended some traveled 100s of miles to pay there respect to our great friend. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN.