Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th November 2020, 09:43   #12
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

This is how it was for me.

When you say its dripping from th U panel half way along onto th carpet behind th rear wheel arch i presume you mean here. (See arrows)

To cure this i applied Captain trollies creeping crack cure (CTCCC) This ideally needs to be done on a warm dry day with more than one application if its still drawing in (It has a capillary action). I give it 20 mins to cure before second application. Th next day i painted th seam and lifted th rubber to make sure th top of th seam was coated too.

You must if it was anything like mine do th window rear trim fasteners along th bottom of th window too. I used a hyper dermic syringe to get th CTCCC exactly were i wanted it. Firstly between th rubber base/clips and th panel. Then for good measure make sure th center of th top of th clips were th push threw piece is. You must coat this, as it can leak there too. See center post here.

Now this raining in problem on my car was very strange to say th least. It would rain in if i parked it in th drive on a up bank slope. But on th flat at work it didnt. Please dont ask why as i never got to th bottom of that one.

Lastly; im sorry to say i found boot leak cures were best done as a summer job.

Good luck.

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 29th November 2020 at 10:13..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote