Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:26   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default pinchbolts

the lower arm pinchbolts RYG101220 according to rimmers photo are not the new type with the thinner shank. i have received 2 new ones today from them with the thinner shanks. i have also ordered from mat at DMGRS a pair which have the thicker shanks and longer thread length so i might get a locknut on these. im a little unsure about using these thinner shank bolts as i have had nothing but trouble with them loosening and having to retighten them. you cant use a lock nut as well using the rimmer bolts ... too short for that. im going to torque them up higher. i would imagine that these thinner shanks are ok to use on new swivel hubs but if they do slacken off it wouldnt take much to elongate them on old hubs pinch holes. i had a knocking for a while on my car over the bumps but intended to renew roll bar bushes first. im going to replace both swivel hubs and use new pinchbolts but dont know which are best to use. the thicker shanks i have heard are more likely to rust in the hole but at least they stay put.the lower arms we get these days are not in long enough to worry about that !! do you think the bolts stretch or is it over torque that does it ? . sadly the old song comes to mind "things aint what they used to be".

Last edited by xsport; 23rd June 2021 at 17:31..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote