Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:19   #1
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Default ZT-T diesel stiff gearchange

Hi all, I'm over in Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway and have the above problem. I've sent the message, below, to mininuts as he's relatively near me but wondered if anyone else had a suggestion of someone to go to to check it out:

The ZT-T gearchachange is playing up. Bite point on the clutch is quite reasonable but gearchange seems affected by heat. When it's cool, first thing all OK. Once the external air temp rises and the car's warmed up, engagement of reverse difficult and first too, others stiff but not consistently. There had been a problem with the heat shield, supposed to have been fixed but now that's vibrating at certain revs. Hoping it's not the slave cylinder and that the heat is affecting the cable linkage.

I've no significant tools with me and wondered where you would recommend to take it for a look over. Planning return to North Yorks next Tuesday and may look at a leaving at 03:00 am for a clear run unless I can get it working happier.

The 75 Tourer Connie clutch failed in the centre of Morecamobe years ago at rush hour pulling a caravan, not an experience to repeat.

I should add that after purchase of the ZT-T earlier this year I did replace the gearbox oil with the correct oil (thanks to advice on this forum and Smith & Allan at Darlington) as the car was at 102k.

Cheers

JohnnyBG
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote