Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th December 2011, 17:42   #35
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

-Partly I agree however it is a fact that the manufacturing element of a product is the least profitable one and the money is in design and marketing and branding-

Splitting hairs:xmas-smiley-004:

-However manufacturing does employ people and gives them a feeling of self worth so it isn't and shouldn't always be about the margin. I guess the politico's will argue that they tried to get us nice jobs and not boring prodcution line ones as we do the design etc and poorly paid Chinese do that bit.-

Itīs all about being self sufficiant. To get there is going to cost a lot and the european public donīt want to got back to the times where the nation was more or less self sufficiant. Every one has got used to a certain standard of living but there is no -substance- to sustain that any more.
I wouldnīt rely on design and marketing to save the western worlds bacon. If the eastern world hasnīt caught up (and I havenīt a clue) then they will soon and just cut out the middle man. The -easterner- isnīt as dumb as the west might suppose. They wait, keep quiet, and learn. Then try to to do things in a better way. Donīt think the Chinese are so poorly paid anymore (according to the smog over Beijing). Where are all the bikes. Must be terrible being -bicycle repair man-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfzm9dfqBw
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote