Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th November 2012, 20:17   #1
James_Death
Gets stuck in

EX.2001 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.0, CDT,155 Brake, BRG

Default Aldi Outside Power

Well very Handy...

Well Purchased one of the twin outside sockets today as its the day of release.

Fitted today and here are my findings.

So pack contents...

Simple setup, a thin walled plastic not as sturdy as the more expensive units but ok, my only gripe with mine is one of the plastic plugs simply fell out, rather slack all the others were a tight fit simple to glue in mind.

Ratings of the unit...

Simple to fit and although the instructions say you can put through an open window or door, whats the point of that you can do that with a normal extension.

The whole point of the out side socket is so you dont have doors and windows open, you have a ready point to plug into.

The fact its a simple plug into the normal mains socket is great for isolating the power to the outside even more so with the RCD you wire in.

Simple to drill through and thread the cable through the wall before wiring into the RCD. Then plug into your mains socket.

However i had a handy air-brick i could thread through, although threading through the mesh in the back was a faff, it would have been faster through the wall....:lol:

Even more weather protected with the cover back over the air-brick.

Even with the sealed plug on the power washer been a chunky bit before the thiner cable the box lid sealed around it fine, however no need to close it unless you happen to be using it in the rain.

Close up of open socket...

The little light is a good idea to let you know the socket is live and remind you to unplug it when not needed.

Not the greatest build no toggle catches to fasten the box closed over your plugs just the built in lip to push clip over the edge of the box.

However for all you need to install an outside socket unless you need a longer cable simple to replace with a longer cable if needed its a reasonable price and works a treat the RCD tested fine and both sockets work fine.

After fitting i power washed both cars no problem and no windows or doors left open letting the heat out of the house.

Would be good for power to outside water features or even lights this time of year.
James_Death is offline   Reply With Quote